Mama Pregnancy Massage
About the treatment
- Soft to medium pressure
- Your pregnancy massage qualified therapist will customize this treatment to your needs, helping to relieve tension, calm your mind, and melt away individual aches and pains.
- We do not recommend pregnancy massage in the first trimester; please wait until you are over 13 weeks pregnant
About Mama Pregnancy Massage
Many women experience aches and pains during pregnancy as their bodies go through significant changes. It is an especially challenging time for expectant mothers, both physically and emotionally. From morning sickness to back pain, there are many discomforts and challenges that come with carrying a baby. Fortunately, pregnancy massage offers a safe and effective way to support women during this special time.
A pregnancy massage is a specialized form of massage therapy that is designed to meet the unique needs of pregnant women. It can help to remove knots and tightness in muscles, reduce swelling in legs and feet, and alleviate headaches and back pain. In addition to reducing physical discomfort, the massage can also lead to better sleep quality.
Daydream Thai has a pregnancy massage-qualified therapist that will be able to customize the treatment to the specific needs and problem areas of each expecting mother in the Mama Pregnancy Massage. The mother will also be able to choose between soft to medium pressure.
The therapist will use pillows and cushions to support the expectant mother’s body and ensure she is comfortable and safe throughout the session. The most common position for pregnancy massage is side-lying, but other positions such as lying on the back or sitting up may also be used depending on the individual’s needs and preferences.
It’s important to note that pregnancy massage should only be performed by a licensed and trained massage therapist with experience working with pregnant women. The therapist will be knowledgeable about the guidelines for pregnancy massage such as how far along a mother should be for them to be allowed to avail, what areas to avoid, etc.
Pregnancy can be an emotionally challenging time, and massage can be a wonderful way to nurture both the body and the spirit. A massage during pregnancy provides emotional support. Many women find that pregnancy massage helps them feel more connected to their bodies and their growing babies. There have also been studies that showed significant benefits to incorporating massages into your prenatal care plan such as reduced stress hormones in the baby and lower risk of premature birth.
Mind, Body, and Baby
A massage is one of the most common go-tos for stress relief and relaxation. This is no different for the case of expecting mothers as long as you ensure that the therapist is qualified and that you have no specific medical restrictions for getting a massage. It’s essential to speak with your doctor first to ensure it’s safe for both you and your baby. Most women can safely receive massage throughout their pregnancy, but certain conditions may require caution. Once declared safe, clear communication is also necessary between the mother and the therapist to accurately relay any health concerns or discomfort. So why not consider booking a Mama Pregnancy Massage session with our licensed and experienced massage therapist here at Daydream Thai Massage and Spa today? Your body and your baby will thank you for it.
Daydream Massage has had a lot of time and effort put into both the customer experience & design from the moment you walk through the door.
The customer service is excellent & massage is very professional and intuitive, Ann is extremely good at finding the points that need to be worked on & is adaptable to her clients in terms of pressure and understanding her customers.
Highly recommend experiencing Daydream Massage for yourself!
Things to know
- Appointments online can be made for multiple people. To make a group booking, simply click 'Add Another Service' when you finish the first round of booking and create a booking again and checkout for all at once, or simply give us a call
- Please leave a comment to tell us whether you prefer to have a same-room session when you booked for 2.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time to sign in. A late arrival to your appointment may shorten your session.
- We require a non-refundable full payment when booking online.
- To cancel your appointment, we require a minimum of 24 hours notice, and we will charge a 20% cancellation fee.
- To reschedule your appointment, we require a minimum of 4 hours notice.
- In some circumstances, we may need to move your appointment (10 mins to 30 mins). We will contact you via email or phone if the time changes.